PRIOR to Dermapen
It is very important that you book in for a consult prior to treatment so that your skin barrier health can be assessed and you can be advised on how to prep for optimal results.
It is also very important to adhere to a good skincare regimen at home for best results.
Your practitioner will advise.
· Let your Specialist know of any changes in your Medical Condition/ Medication/ Supplements
· Do not have treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (Waxing, Depilatories, etc)
· Discontinue use of products containing Vitamin A 3-5 days prior to treatments
· Discontinue use of topical prescription Vitamin A 14days prior to treatments
· Do not have any Anti-Wrinkle Injections in the treatments area for 2 weeks
· Do not have any Dermal Filler Injections in the treatment area for 4 weeks
· History of Herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
· MALES: Shave the area 24 hours prior to skin needling, not doing so can prevent you from having treatment in the area
.No sunburn/sun exposure or use of tanning products in the previous 2 weeks.
Avoid ultraviolet exposure (sun and solariums)
· Skin may feel dry and tight for 48-72 hours post-treatment. Apply Post Treatment cover recover to keep the skin protected and hydrated
· Swelling & Redness is common. If you wish you may purchase Hyla active masks to calm and hydrate, keep these in the fridge and apply daily for 2 days,
· Avoid Makeup for 24 Hours to avoid the risk of post-treatment infection, after which you will need to apply a light, non-oncclusive non-comedogenic makeup, (cover recover is recommended)
You may experience minor itching, flaking, hives or redness during the healing process
· Do not Pick or Peel any Dry/ Flaky skin. You may Exfoliate gently after 3 days
· Avoid Heat and Perspiring (Hot Tubs, Saunas, exercise etc) For 48 Hours
· Avoid use of products containing
Vitamin A (for 3 days)
Retinoids including but not limited to tretinon, retinol, and retinaldehyde (3-5 days)
Alpha hydroxy acid
Beta hydroxyl acid
high levels of kejic or azelaic acid
Alcohol (including but not limited to isopropyl, alcohol/de-natured alcohol/rubbing alcohol)
Your skin practitioner will recommend a regimen according to your specific needs.
· Skin may be more sensitive to the sun, Use a Broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF30 sunscreen
· No other treatments in the treated area for 2 weeks
·Your skin practitioner will recommend a regimen according to your specific needs.
Follow your skincare regime as instructed for deeper penetration of products and maintenance
cover recover is suitable immediately post-procedure and highly recommended as a second skin daily skin protectant and an SPF all in one.
If you have any questions or experience any other side effects from the treatment not listed on this page, please contact us on 021951720 Email: info@sublime571 www.sublime571.com